About Global Hotkey 1.4
On the newsgroup de.sys.mac.misc some users where looking for a kind of hot key application which enables them to launch applications via pressing a key like F9.
This application stays in the background doing nothing. But if you press a key combination which matches one of the file names in the folders of the application, it will do something.
- The text files in the AppleScripts folder will be executed as Applescripts Usefull if you want to quickly turn your Mac to sleep.
- The items in the Applications folder can be launched. It works even for folders or documents.
- Pictures and plain Textfiles in the Clipboard folder are copied to the clipboard.
- Shell scripts are executed from the ShellScripts folder.
The application writes a lot of stuff to the console which you can watch for error messages. Just launch the console application from the utilities folder and read, but don't be scared: Far over 90% of this is to be ignored.
This application is freeware and provided as is.
You find the Realbasic project file in the download. You can watch the source code online:
New stuff added in version 1.4:
- Fixed problem with F15 and F16 keys.
- Now an Universal application (for PPC and Intel!).
New stuff added in version 1.3:
- Fixed problem with users of Script Debugger from latenightsw.com.
New stuff added in version 1.2:
- Apple Scripts are now compiled only when needed so no longer iTunes launches when launching this application.
New stuff added in version 1.1:
- Application is now a background application.
- Fixed the F1 and F2 key.
- The folders are watched for changes so hotkeys change dynamically.
New stuff added in version 1.0:
- First Release.
The application folder with the items to open with their key combination:
List of key modifiers:
List of key codes:
MBS FileMaker Plugins