MBS FileMaker Plugin 10.5
The MBS Plugin is easily the most powerful plug-in available for FileMaker today. There are over 6,400 functions that allow FileMaker developers to extend their solutions in some amazing ways. Each function does a little task and in their combination you can unleash the full power of our plugin. MBS Plugin support FileMaker Pro, Server (Scheduled Scripts, WebDirect & PSoS), Runtime, Cloud for AWS, Linux Server and the FileMaker iOS SDK. To learn how to use them together, please check our reference and our more than 600 example databases.
Download the MBS FileMaker Plugin
Plugin for Windows 7 or Server 2008
Both archives contain the macOS, iOS, Windows & Linux plugins.
Installation.pdf ( 2.5M )
Documentation as PDF ( 17M )
A quick overview:
- Goodies for FileMaker developers on macOS
- Rule based calculation and script coloring
- Context Menus to copy content of lists.
- If/Loop block highlighting
- Search in scripts, calculations, custom functions, relation Ship Graph and all lists in FileMaker user interface.
- Show Script IDs, Layout IDs, Field IDs & Table IDs
- Remember column widths, sort layout names, zoom in scripts & lists.
- Add custom menu commands for script workspace, e.g. to search & replace within a script.
- Networking with CURL
- HTTP, FTP & SFTP Transfers with Up/Download
- Various SSL, TLS, Proxy & Authentication options.
- Transfers in background or asynchronously.
- Custom headers and requests, e.g. FTP delete, rename, create directory
- Web services with SOAP & REST. Send web forms without web viewer.
- Compose, send and receive emails via SMTP, POP3 and IMAP.
- macOS features
- Continuity Camera: Take pictures via iOS device.
- Read rich text documents on macOS like Word documents, OpenOffice documents or RTF files.
- Configure TouchBar with custom buttons to trigger scripts.
- Customize the toolbar and add your own commands there.
- Set your application's dock tile icon and badge text.
- iOS features
- Scan documents with the camera, rectify images and store in containers.
- Receive remote push notifications.
- Compose text and email messages.
- Use StoreKit for in-app-purchases.
- Use the BlueTherm™ Probe device from ThermoWorks to measure temperatures.
- Use EID SDK to read eID cards with zetes bluetooth card reader on iOS.
- Apple features for macOS and iOS
- Use machine learning on device to e.g. classify images.
- Access Address book, Calendars and Reminders databases.
- Show 2D/3D maps on the layout using Apple Maps, plan routes and add custom points. Export snapshots.
- Use Vision functions to detect barcodes, people, faces and text in images.
- Export videos in new format with AVExport.
- Use AVAsset functions to extract metadata from videos, get preview images or play audio in background.
- Query location of a Mac with CoreLocation functions. Map addresses from/to geo coordinates with CLGeoCoder functions.
- Windows features
- PDF functions
- PDFKit for Mac/iOS and DynaPDF for cross platform usage.
- Merge and split PDFs. Add, remove and move pages.
- Render pictures from pages.
- Print PDF with PDFKit.Print on macOS and DynaPDF.Print on Windows.
- Extract or replace text and images. Highlight text.
- Convert PDF to PDF/A & PDF/X. Embed XML invoices (ZugFeRD 1.0 & 2.0, Factur-X)
- Create/Set/Query form fields
- Digitally sign, encrypt and decrypt PDF documents.
- Create PDF from scratch, use tables for layouts.
- Add, query, change, remove & flatten annotations, add links.
- Optimize PDF files, recompress images, convert pictures, fix errors.
- WebViewer features
- Excel Integration with libXL
- Read / Write Excel files without Microsoft Excel installed
- Add, edit and delete fonts, formats, sheets, cells and images.
- SQL Functions in FileMaker
- SQL to other databases
- Connect to other databases with native drivers and without ESS.
- CubeSQL, Centura SQLBase, DB2, Firebird, Informix, InterBase, MariaDB, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, ODBC, Oracle Database Server, PostgreSQL, SQL Anywhere, SQLite, SQLCipher and Sybase.
- Run SQL commands, process records, copy records from/to FileMaker database.
- Image editing with GraphicsMagick
- Sockets & Serial Ports
- List printers with features.
- Control print and page setup dialog on macOS & Windows.
- Switch printer, paper format, orientation & tray.
- Scan documents
- List directory content, copy, move, rename or move to trash files and folders.
- Monitor folders for changes. FSEvents for macOS and DirectoryWatcher for Windows.
- Compress/Decompress zip/tar archives.
- Receive files via Drag & Drop on macOS and Windows, e.g. email attachments from Outlook.
- Read audio tags, e.g. for IDv3 tags in MP3 files.
- Read and write text files or containers.
- Show file, folder selection or save dialogs on macOS & Windows.
- XML and JSON
- Record audio/video on Mac and Windows with AVRecorder.
- Generate over 80 types of barcodes. Detect barcodes in images.
- Schedule scripts to run after delay, on idle or at time stamp or by hotkey.
- Show notifications on macOS, Windows and iOS.
- Show contextual menus for macOS & Windows with sub menus, icons and styled text.
- Run command line tools with Shell functions.
- Compare tables and get detailed report.
- Receive and send Midi notes.
- Use Audit to log activities in a database.
- Query system information. Need to know computer name, memory size, serial number, OS Version or something else?
- Controls windows, position dialogs and show progress dialogs.
- Use Encryption e.g. AES and Blowfish and Hash functions.
And a lot of more functions not mentioned here. If you miss something, please email us and we may add another function for you.
Upcoming FileMaker Events:
|Quebec FileMaker Conference||French||18th to 19th March 2021||Montreal, Canada||fmqc.ca|
|dotfmp.berlin||English||3rd to 5th June 2021||Berlin, Germany||dotfmp.berlin|
|FileMaker Konferenz||German||17th to 19th June 2021||Malbun, Liechtenstein||filemaker-konferenz.com|
|Claris Engage USA||English||14th to 16th Sep 2021||San Diego, USA||claris.com|
Newest entries on our blog:
Presentation and tutorial videos
MBS FileMaker Plugin Examples Windows (English)
MBS FileMaker Plugin Examples MacOS (English)
New Examples 2020 (English)
For more examples see the other videos
Current version of MBS Plugin always supports the current version and a few versions back. We recommend to use the latest version to benefit from bug fixes and newer features.
|FileMaker Version||Minimum MBS Plugin Version|
|FileMaker Pro 19.1||10.5|
|FileMaker Pro 19.0||10.2|
|FileMaker Pro 18||9.3|
|FileMaker Pro 17||8.1|
|FileMaker Pro 16||7.2|
|FileMaker Pro 15||6.0|
MBS Plugins can be used with:
- MBS Plugin supports:
- FileMaker Pro (Advanced) on MacOS & Windows
- FileMaker Server for Scheduled Scripts, PSoS and Web Direct on MacOS, Windows and Linux.
- FileMaker Cloud for AWS, Version 1.x.
- FileMaker Runtimes.
- iOS apps made with FileMaker iOS SDK and embedded MBS Plugin.
- MBS Plugin supports indirectly:
- MBS Plugin does not support:
- FileMaker Cloud 2.x due to missing plugin interface.
If you need MBS Plugin for older FileMaker versions, please contact us.
MBS Xojo Plugins